31 Things to Ask Your Lee County Real Estate Agent
If you are considering purchasing a Lee county property and want to go through a realtor there are a number of things that you should consider asking any agent you think about working with. It is a good idea to get your wants, needs, and questions in order before talking to an agent. After all, purchasing or selling a property can open a whole new chapter of your life. Consider compiling questions to ask your Lee County real estate agent before hiring them, as well as during the buying or selling process.
Before Committing To a Realtor
Before making a commitment to one Lee County real estate agent, you should consider getting to know your realtor’s qualifications, business practices, and communication methods. Do your homework and make sure they are part of the Lee County Association of Realtors to ensure you are getting access to the most up-to-date information. Some questions can inform you about the realtor’s abilities to find what you are looking for while others will help you determine if their policies and practices align with you, your personality, and your needs.
Questions to consider include:
- How long have you been a real estate agent?
- Can I see your references?
- What neighborhoods do you specialize in?
- What’s your schedule and availability?
- Do you work independently or with a team?
- What percentage of your business is working with home buyers?
- How many homes did you help buyers close in the past year?
- How long does it typically take buyers you’ve worked with to find and purchase a home?
- How will you determine what homes may match my wants and needs?
- How many clients are you currently working with?
- How will you keep in contact with me during the buying process, and how often?
During The Buying Process
As you look for the perfect Lee County property, you probably have plenty of things in mind already. It can be worth your time to consider asking your real estate agent about connections and experiences they have had in the market.
Questions to consider when looking for a home include:
- What location should I choose?
- What should I look for when touring houses?
- What concessions and contingencies should I include in the contract?
- Do you know a good inspector, appraiser, or lender?
- What expenses should I expect after buying a home?
Questions to consider after finding a home include:
- Do you see any problems with this house?
- Would you buy this house?
- Why is the house for sale?
- What is the sales history?
- Is this house priced fairly?
- What is the resale value like in this neighborhood now and in the future?
- What should I offer to get this house?
- Should I offer earnest money?
- What are the closing costs?
- How much will it cost to maintain this home each year?
During The Selling Process
If you are looking for a real estate agent to sell your Lee County property, make sure you know that they are going to understand what your expectations are and how to try to meet them (or exceed them).
Questions to consider when selling include:
- Can I have a CMA for the area?
- Is this area growing or declining?
- How will you market my home?
- How do your realtor fees work?
- What are the drawbacks of my home?
Whatever you decide to ask, make sure you find a real estate agent that fits your needs, is fully qualified and works well with you.